Internet Purchase - money taken no goods

dusters 11:22 09 May 08

Can anyone tell me what rights you have, if any if a company takes money from your credit card account and then does not supply the goods? Unfortunately the amount was just under £100. Barclaycard say they will dispute it with the vendor but I am concerned that I may still have to pay it.

HondaMan 11:31 09 May 08

Was the vendor a UK business
Does he have a real address and "on street" presence
Was the vendor a limited company
When did you order the goods
When was the money taken

The answers to the above will help you to get the correct advice

Grantrh 11:43 09 May 08

I would contact trading standards local to where the business is situated if in the UK and see if they can intervene.

click here

dusters 12:08 09 May 08

It is a UK business, they do have an address and a company registration number. I ordered the goods on April 27th. I received an e-mail from the company saying that the item was out of stock but expected in within 7 to 10 days. The e-mail clearly states that no money was taken from my account and wouldn't be until they despatched the goods. Having heard nothing I began trying to contact them. I have no response to my e-mails and they do not answer the phone. I have now finally managed to access my Barclaycard account on line (what a nightmare that was) and I found that they actually took the money straight away.
Today the vendors own web site has many reviews from people in exactly the same situation.

Joe R 12:38 09 May 08

dusters,

can you provide a link to the website.?

spuds 13:14 09 May 08

Some companies do have stock problems after the initial order stage, especially if they have many customers requiring the same item. Also take into account that there was a holiday period involved. Having stated that, there is a concern about taking payment, when they have informed you that they would not.

Barclaycard are fairly reliable in solving issues like this, so it might be a case of wait and see. The supplier doe's have about 30 days in which to make a refund.

Perhaps as previously suggested, a website link might help. Someone may have further information about the company.

dusters 13:37 09 May 08

This is the address of the company's review page.
Every time I look at it the reviews from other people become more alarming!

click here

Stuartli 13:43 09 May 08

An address is provided on this page:

click here

It could be worth contacting one or more of the manufacturers whose goods the website claims to sell to see if any complaints have been received by them about non-deliveries.

This link might prove of interest (Site Advisor promised website check):

click here

dusters 13:44 09 May 08

Sorry, I pasted the web address but it doesn't seem to have appeared on my response, it is
click here. The reviews for people trying to buy Indesit washing machines from this company are scary.

HondaMan 15:13 09 May 08

It's ponly 12 days. Most companies say allow up to 28 days. I wouldn't panic ..... yet

rawprawn 15:37 09 May 08

I think you will find that Barclaycard will sort it out.You may have to fill in a declaration form, sating that you have not received the goods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…