Internet Ordering - The way it should be...

I just thought that I would post a message that while not specifically about computers, is about the service I received through a Major Electronics retailer when I ordered over the internet. The supplier, part of the DSG group, was not at the top of my list of "Expect great service here" retailers, but proved me wrong!

We have been looking for a new fridge freezer for some time and saw one in Comet. In store price was Excl Delivery so I looked on the Comet Website where, surprisingly, delivery was included for the same price as the local store.

On placing the order I was given a choice of which day I would like delivery to take place and chose Monday (8:00 AM - 18:00). Payment was taken and emailed confirmation received.

Now call me cynical, but this order was placed on a Saturday Morning (11:00) - there was no way I was really expecting the appliance to be delved Monday, after all I have had so much experience of couriers being delayed etc. So imagine my surprise when it arrived at 10:00 on Monday morning!!

So, free delivery, choice of delivery time and to top it all off, delivery early in the day for an order placed on a Saturday that arrived just 47 Hours later!

If only this was common to all on-line retailers....

Well done Comet.

Patr100 10:56 22 Apr 03

Comet aren't part of the DSG (Dixons PC world, The Link, Currys) group - they are competing against them. Although I recently got a VCR at the lowest price in my local store at Comet - better than any of the internet stores.

So my initial thoughts were correct then??

"the DSG group, was not at the top of my list of "Expect great service here" retailers"

pj123 22:41 22 Apr 03

I agree with you. I got a delivery from Comet on a Sunday with no extra costs involved. The driver said "Just doing my job".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…