Is the internet more important than the wheel?

Murray 14:53 02 Apr 03

Another thinker for you all.

Do you think the internet and all things associated with it (email, web, etc) will have a greater significance than the wheel in the future?

It would be interesting to hear people's opinions, personally i think that without the wheel we would not not get very far (metaphorically as well as physically).

ulrich 15:55 02 Apr 03

One answer NO.

Eagie 16:06 02 Apr 03

No - how would you distribute computers to everyone without a wheel? No computers = no internet!

« Ravin » 16:29 02 Apr 03

no wheel no cooling fans

:o))))

chris6891 17:01 02 Apr 03

no wheel, NO MANNERS!

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:05 02 Apr 03

The Mayans built ginormous cities in Central/South America out of billions of perfectly cut stone blocks, cut to laser standards and a higher spec than we are able to today. The only metal they had was gold (very soft) and they had not invented the wheel. It leads one to assume that the wheel is overstated.

G

barrie_g 19:53 02 Apr 03

I could commute without the internet but it would be a bit rough trying to travel 30 miles in a little under an hour without the wheel

Legolas 20:33 02 Apr 03

Well I can sit for hours and look at the Internet but I dont find wheels that interesting, the only sinificant feature of a wheel is that it is...well round ;-)

Legolas 20:34 02 Apr 03

There should be a "g" in there somewhere

Murray 01:04 03 Apr 03

I know a lack of all things circular would seriously impede our travels to and from work, but maybe one day we would'nt need to travel to work, (in one twisted alternative universe) we might all live in one huge block of flats....

no thats a stupid idea, I'll go back to the wheel I think.

Ok, If I re-phrase the question:

"What aspect of the internet would you miss most and how would it affect the world".

I know lack of emails for a start would seriously slow down communications.

watchful 07:47 03 Apr 03

Definitely NOT. If I want to get out of here the PC won't get me far!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now