Internet in mid France

immer 14:37 01 Jul 06

A friend of mine who lives in rural mid France has problems with his internet that comes via a phoneline. He wants to use satalite internet but the Hughs system he has shown me looks expensive at €89 per month for a home system. Please can you advise or help.

Forum Editor 14:44 01 Jul 06

and maybe one of them can offer advice here.

My initial reaction is that your friend is in for some expense if he/she wants a satellite connection, and it's worth bearing in mind that normal satellite connections are dependent on a phne line for the upstream part of the connection - everything going from the computer to the satellite goes to a central upload location via a normal landline. That means the high-speed part of the connection is purely on the downstream side - which is normally fine.

Forum Editor 14:44 01 Jul 06

by the way, so I'll move it across now.

Noldi 14:59 01 Jul 06

click here
Looks cheaper
Noldi

Sapins 22:12 01 Jul 06

What problems is your friend having.

98% of France is covered now and he/she should certainly be able to get dial-up at least.

Have a look at click here If he types in his phone number on click here in the box on the right he will find out which service he can receive.

Sapins 22:18 01 Jul 06

Should have added, you do not have to take the TV offer, you can decide what you want included in the price, and the first 3 months are reduced so make sure you know the full price after this initial period. If broadband is available you can get 8mb for €29.90 a month, first 3 months €24.90

Your friend can contact me via the Yellow envelope if he/she wishes and I will help all I can.

Regards,

Sapins.

immer 10:56 09 Jul 06

My friend does not speak good French so this may cause him extra problems. I am in discussion with him. Thanks for your ongoing advice which I will pick up on a.s.p...mantinant le football...!

Sapins 22:30 09 Jul 06

There is a free France Telecom number, in France, your friend can call in English. 0800 364775 8-30am to 8pm Monday to Saturday.

immer 21:35 14 Jul 06

Many Thanks Sapiens, I'll pass that on...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…