Internet fraud

joe95 13:57 29 Aug 06

Hi everyone,
another update on my problem the bank has been in touch and told me that my PC is to blame ie: a trojan or something is on my puter and therefore I will be denied internet access to my account.The bank says their security is a 3 state system and is superior to others, they are refunding my money and someone will contact me from their Internet dept.
Can something be planted on my PC without my knowledge especially I haven't opened any dodgy e-mails and have swept my PC several times without finding anything.

€dstowe 14:49 29 Aug 06

You don't have to knowingly download anything for these little devils to get in.

What have you "swept your computer" with?

Some good programs for sorting out nasties are:

Ewido click here

SuperAntispyware click here

A squared click here

You also need a good antivirus program.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:56 29 Aug 06

I think that they are shuffling the blame onto you. Even if there was this Trojan that cannot be found and someone knew your passcodes there is the last passcode that is randomly generated..in my case it is 2 random numbers that correspond to the letters of my password. Tefon springs to mind.

G

spuds 14:57 29 Aug 06

Might be a good idea to give a link to your previous thread. Starting a new thread on the same subject, which is not advisable, may lead to people being confused as to what you are talking about.

Something can be planted on your computer, but it is very unlikely unless you have been downloading things or going somewhere of a suspect nature. When the bank's internet department contacts you, ask them what suggestions they can offer as help.

You state that you have 'swept' your PC several times. How did you do this procedure?.

joe95 15:09 29 Aug 06

I have ad-aware, spybot and Avg. there are 4things I have to enter to get into my account and none stoed on PC.
sorry SPUDS don't know how to post link.
Thanks

Stuartli 15:11 29 Aug 06

Highlight your thread's URL in the address bar, copy it and then paste into this reponse form.

It will automatically be converted to a Click Here when you post the response.

joe95 15:24 29 Aug 06
  GANDALF <|:-)> 18:07 29 Aug 06

'there are 4things I have to enter to get into my account'...for this reason alone there is no way someone could have 'hacked' your computer.

Banks = damn lazy + smug x patronising.

G

joe95 15:38 01 Sep 06

Finally got my money back but the bank is still insisting that my PC hacked although I have no passwords etc. stored on it when I explained this yet again reply was these people are very, very clever and their system was watertight, will probably give internet banking a miss now.
End of story.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5