//some 3rd party need geo

Internet Explorer v Netscape 7.0

Troop Leader 15:36 05 Feb 03

I have recently connected to Broadband and had a little trouble with installing the PCI Modem drivers etc but managed to overcome that. However I have been suffering a lot of trouble with 'freezing' when I moved between pages or sites. This left me having to ctrl-alt-del and shut down the PC as nothing would work thereafter.

After trying to 'repair' IE6 and updating just about all the software I have inc win98, and all the drivers that could posibly have had an effect, I eventually downloaded Netscape 7.0 and have been problem free ever since.

So if you have been having trouble with IE then take a serious look at Netscape. I've only had it a few days but already have discovered several aspects that far exceed the quality of IE6, such as its speed. The mail handler is also far better, especially for a broadband connection.

TL

€dstow 15:48 05 Feb 03

You might also want to look at Opera which I now use most of the time. Reputed to be faster than IE or Netscape.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…