Internet Explorer and Opera Browser

ajm 00:06 13 Apr 04

Have just downloaded and installed Opera Browser and I have to say that Opera is SO MUCH BETTER and FASTER than IE. Have not used it that much, but 1st impressions are very good

Anyone use Opera and what are their experiences. Does Opera support shockwave, flash, quicktime, etc

steve0 12:06 13 Apr 04

Have used Opera as my main browser for a long time - much better than explorer. Supports all those things you asked for. I like the Wand feature for filling in passwords, and I also find the auto form filler very usefull. The default skin is a bit dull, but there are loads to download - I use one called xpzolter.

Once you are used to tabbed windows you will not want to go back to IE. However you might also like to check out Avant browser. It uses the IE engine, but also supports tabs, blocks popups etc. This was recommended by VOG recently, thanks, and I've put it on my laptop - seems good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…