Internet Explorer 7 RC1 - has anyone tried it?

GaT7 20:33 26 Sep 06

Has anyone tried it & is it any good?

If I don't fancy it, is it easy to rollback to IE6?

Download link click here. G

BEN MARSHALL 21:28 26 Sep 06

Yes I have tried it through the Beta stages 1, & 2, and now finally RC1 (Release Candidate 1). Well apart from the obvious with the new layout and the tabbed browsing, IE7 does look promising but don't be fooled by its looks it does appear to be more stable than IE6 but it seems to be slower! But then that maybe be just me!

It does have some good features Integrated RSS Feeds that will work in sync with Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook.

Microsoft have done well and took notice of the surveys they did!

*Phi-sing Philter
*Better Browser Controls
*New interface.
*Tabbed Browsing
*Preview of Tabs in Quick Tabs (ctrl + Q)
*Favourites and history & RSS in one place neat!

It certainly is good rumors have it that it will come out as a Priority update via Windows Updates / Automatic Update!

My advice to most people is Just as FireFox has its downfalls IE7 is only just developed and not in final release as it is scheduled to go out with Vista so as to incorporate Windows Vista Online Site Protection restrictions and policies!

WARNING:
IE7 may not be compatible with 100% of the web!

My overall opinion is Good, Slick, but could be Slicker! ;-)

anskyber 21:42 26 Sep 06

Yep. I think it is excellent, the tabbed browsing for me at least lets me move instantly from one site to another. I find it to be much quicker than having several windows open. For me it has been very stable. If you do not like it go to add/remove programs uninstall, and it rolls you back to IE6.

Colin 22:23 26 Sep 06

I downloaded it as soon as it was available and have had no problems with it at all.

GaT7 22:30 26 Sep 06

Thanks for your positive replies guys - based on what you've said I'm going to give it a try.

BEN, appreciate the detailed explanation. Appears to be similar to Avant which I presently use as my number one, Firefox & Opera being my next couple of choices.

anskyber, your comments have put my mind with the easy rollback to IE6 if I don't like it. G

josie mayhem 22:52 26 Sep 06

Same here I'm using it with 5728 Vista, and having no problems haven't come across a web site that it's had a problem yet!

Like the tabs, very handy

The anti-phishing can slow it down slightly, but not by much that you notice, and you can actualy turn it off if you really want max speed.

Did have some problems in the eralier betas, but it seem to be sorted in the RC1...

Alan2 00:21 27 Sep 06

I've been using IE7.0 RC1 for about three weeks and whilst I agree that the tabs are a big plus it does appear to have slowed the whole of my system down.

Not only are web sites slow to appear, mainly I guess due to the anti-phishing checks, but ALL applications now take longer to start up.

Also I get a fleeting glimpse of a partially completed web connection box each time I call up a site which I put this down to a remaining glitch in the prog.

I suspect IE7.0 makes a bigger demand on resources and having only a 450MHz processor could be one reason for the slowing down.

kdt 09:56 27 Sep 06

used it for about 2 weeks then rolled back to ie6 as my processor only 500 mhz and it was slowing things down as alan said..will wait till final release thru update.

IPA 14:53 27 Sep 06

Used it for 2/3 weeks now with no problems. I like the rss feeds, tabbed browsing and the clean uncluttered look. Cant say I've noticed any slow down.

Maturin 17:39 27 Sep 06

I am really happy with this release - very stable programme.

Kerrso05 17:47 27 Sep 06

Hi there.........not to throw a spanner in the works but I downloaded the IE 7 rc1 and I didn't like it at all. It gave me problems with my computer, in that I couldn't get to the other Hard Drives on my computer and I couldn't get to Control Panel to Add and Delete.......to delete it. Eventually I did get to Control Panel and I deleted it and went back to IE6. Mind you, I now have a problem the address toolbar, that when I click on it, it disappears........I wonder do I have virus or malaware which AVG Professional is not detecting?

Harry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…