Internet access in Ireland?

Effie 15:10 13 Oct 04

HI there, Bit of a long shot really but here goes.

I need to spend a few months in Dublin very soon and hope that some of the forum members who have experience of living/working there who access the internet could recommend an ISP. I have 24/7 here and am wondering if anyone can recommend a similar package there?

As I said, I'm only there for a few months so dont want a long term contract but need to use the net for about 3 hours a day ( dont want to be tied to after 1800 if poss!).

Thanks again

Diodorus Siculus 15:32 13 Oct 04

I have a PAYG from Eircom.net for the last 4 years or so and find it pretty good - I am only there every 3 or 4 months for a couple of weeks at a time and have never had any problems with it being cut off / disabled. I can also pick up any mail sent to me via that account from here.

click here# for their flat rate service - €29.99 which is a little more than we pay here. No minimum contract.

UTV have one at €24.99 but I have never used them so cannot comment on how good they are: click here

Effie 16:41 13 Oct 04

That sounds very promising, thank you for the links.

Diodorus Siculus 16:55 13 Oct 04

Effie - you are welcome.

But I have found what may be a hitch: you cannot sign up for it from a non-Irish IP address. When you do go to sign up, you may have to provide an Irish address for billing - ie you may need your credit card registered in Ireland - it may be an idea to call them and see what's what.

Effie 13:40 14 Oct 04

Thanks Diodorus Silicus,I'll investigate and see what the score is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…