Internal or External sound card

Steve_105 09:20 01 Aug 06

Hi

Ive been looking at some 5.1 surround sound cards and i saw an external usb one. i was thinking this seems a bit too good and a bit too simple and i was wondering if anyone knew of any downsides of an external one compared to an internal one. thanks in advance

Stuartli 09:26 01 Aug 06

There's a 7.1 USB2.0 Creative SoundBlaster Audigy available. See:

click here

Personal preference would be for the internal variety but I suppose it would depend on your circumstances.

HandyAndy007 10:41 01 Aug 06

A wide subject - you need to narrow down a bit.
Decide want you really want to do with the sound card. Play games? serious recording? watch movies, and so on. USB external devices means it is portable which is good if you want to use it on various workstaions. If you want to build a good audio/digital recording setup then low latency is important.
Try google searching for "best soundcard" you'll get loads of hits.. M-Audio crops up and creative.

Also you mention nothing about your budget! so it all depends on yer funds.

HM

vinnyT 11:53 01 Aug 06

The only downsides are that they cost slightly more and take up a usb port.

My friend had one for his laptop, and it was great, it was one of these click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…