Interesting Pipex broadband news

ensonricky 00:47 24 Feb 05

I for one am now staying with Pipex after previously informing them of my intention to cancel my subsciption. The new Lite packages are particularly interesting.

click here

ensonricky 00:51 24 Feb 05
  garrema 01:16 24 Feb 05

Timely to see they have done this since I was considering moving ISP
Also gives me a warm feeling to see that new customers get special discounts and options of free holidays# but what about current customers?
Hrumph

#terms and conditions apply)

anchor 09:56 24 Feb 05

Most interesting. I have been with Pipex Solo 500 for about 3 years. Will the changeover to Solo 1000 be automatic, or must one apply for it?.

wags 14:36 24 Feb 05

Excellent news !!!! I'm also on the Solo 500 service so look forward to the upgrade. I've just tried phoning them to see what the timescale etc is, but apparently most of the customer service team on training, so I didn't bother with a long call hold...

Lettervanman 15:17 24 Feb 05

I see that Pipex will charge £15 for existing customers to upgrade from 500 to 1000 service.

ensonricky 18:10 24 Feb 05

And if you're moving from Solo 500 to the 2GB Lite tariff the charge is almost £60.00!

TopBloke37 19:45 24 Feb 05

I've just cancelled with Pipex after 18 months. Emailed them to ask if they were going to compete like the other companies or if not would they send me my MAC number. They duly sent my MAC number so I doubled my speed to 2mb with Prodigy and halved my price virtually to £14.99 with no transfer costs. They obviously wern't THAT bothered about keeping existing customers.

GaT7 21:33 24 Feb 05

TopBloke37 - could you please supply a Prodigy link. Ta, G

TopBloke37 23:07 24 Feb 05
  Kate B 23:15 24 Feb 05

I like the bit in the press release about upgrading existing customers for no extra cost ... I signed up for the Bulldog 4MB service but they let me down - not able to tell me when they could sort out my exchange, so I ended up staying with Pipex's half-meg service instead because Bulldog told me too late that it couldn't fulfil my order.

1 MB isn't 4 MB but it'll be an improvement. half a meg is beginning to look a rather poor option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…