Intel Centrino or P4 HT

ANFIELD 08:52 20 Jan 05

I am in the process of buying a laptop. Which processor should I choose ? It would be mainly used as a desktop replacement.
Do I for power of P4, maybe 3.2GHz, or a 2.0GHz Centrino Mobile for the time it will be used away from home.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

JonnyTub 09:29 20 Jan 05

weigh your options up, if your laptop is to be used mainly in the home on a desk, get the more powerful p4, if your going to be using it more on the move the centrino is the way to go, really it just depends on how your going to use it.

t.long 12:45 20 Jan 05

If you are just going to be using office apps and surfing go for a Centrino, it will be cooler and hence quieter. The performance difference between the P4 and Centrino only realy comes to play with very demanding applications.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:12 20 Jan 05

For what you will be using it for I would go for the cheaper option and invest the difference in a memory pen drive....you Will notice no difference whatsoever.

G

DrScott 22:22 20 Jan 05

Centrino's have a better battery life too, if you're going to be unplugged a lot go for the centrino. Desktop replacement would be best served by the P4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…