Insight UK good / eBuyer not good

Rodders 22:32 13 Jan 06

Hi

It's not often that you get some positive comments about a company, I suppose because we expect good service. I've decided to break that trend a little. However, I'll start with negative feedback !!

I wanted a very simple desktop for my kids' xmas present. I found just the machine on eBuyer - an Acer. However, eBuyer's abysmal customer services managed to screw things up so I had to quickly find a similar machine in order to get one by xmas.

Using the Acer website I found Insight UK (click here) and they had a slightly higher spec machine in stock for a very good price. I ordered on the Thursday evening and it arrived early on the Monday morning.

So thumbs up to Insight UK.

Now I've been using the machine for a few weeks I can safely say that I would recommend a machine from Acer also. Easy to setup and it works a treat.

I've decided to avoid eBuyer at all costs now, they were really that bad.

Stuartli 23:55 13 Jan 06

Insight is a good company and, despite your comments, e-Buyer is equally as efficient.

The main problem, as with all online retailers, is if you need to return items that are faulty or not actually ordered.

Some are good at this aspect, others not so good...:-)

Rodders 18:09 14 Jan 06

In this case the problem with eBuyer was that they didn't even send my item. In fact, when I called them to query something with my order they told me that the item which I had ordered, paid for and selected suitable delivery dates for, had actually been sold to someone else and they were now out of stock!

What irritated me even more was how they offered nothing other than an apology and a refund. I would have liked them to give me first option on the next one that came into stock but they said they couldn't, and in any case they didn't know when that would be.

So, I appreciate that many people have good experiences with eBuyer but I have ordered twice from them now and on both occasions have found their customer service to be extremely poor. I like to buy from companies who value my custom.

spuds 18:50 14 Jan 06

Perhaps Insight offer a very good service, but if you read some of the comments about Acer customer service,and that where your machine may end up if it becomes faulty, you may have another opinion.

Rodders 21:21 15 Jan 06

Oh dear, fingers crossed as usual then......!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…