inksaver advice

joeltr 16:55 25 Mar 04

i recently purchased photoplus 8 from serif,bundled with it was a free inksaver utility which is supposed to slash ink usage with printers, before i install it, is it any good?, it states it can reduce ink consumption drastically without loss of quality, is it too good to be true,?,or does it work, regards joel.

spuds 19:35 25 Mar 04

The only way that you will find out, is to install it and see. PC World and the likes are still selling this product for £20 plus, so you have a bargain with the Serif offer. If you have a Lexmark printer, then you will not be able to use Inksaver. HP,Canon,Epson will work with Inksaver.

shaduf 20:58 25 Mar 04

Yes - it's brilliant.

I bought Version 1.0 from Serif for the Epson Stylus Photo 900 but despite the Serif brochure saying so it was not compatible with the 900.

After a lot of aggro with Serif about it they said that version 2.0 was about to be released and it would be compatible with that so they sent it to me and told me to bin the version 1.0.

It loaded straight away. It needs no manual it is so easy and you see the result before you print. In my case I used to get soggy paper if I used the thin stuff - now I can use any sort. I regularly print drafts etc at 50% and it just puts less ink on the paper so it must be a saver.

Don't hesitate - it's a bargain. Serif have a no quibble guarantee anyway.

shizzy 21:38 25 Mar 04

It comes in very useful if you want to do a trial print of a project to see how it looks as you can save 75%ink. Use 100% for photos but most other things are satisfactory saving 25.

joeltr 18:40 26 Mar 04

sorry for delay, i was waylaid, thanks for your response, i will install it now and have a look at it, thanks again, regards joel.

joeltr 19:23 27 Mar 04

sorry about that, just to to say i installed inksaver and ran a few trials, and found that set at 25% it was as good as the prints before installation, its excellent, i would reccommend it no probs, regards joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…