Inkjet Printer Recommendations?

Sir Radfordin 08:31 18 Sep 03

I've got someone asking me to buy them an inkjet printer for under £100 that is going to be used in a Nursery. Most of the printing is going to be general office stuff (letters/invoices) but there may well be some colour stuff as well.

Have read through previous posts and most of the reviews on this site and they all seem to be a tad negative!

Epson is a make I like but don't know if its time to change my mind!

Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

DieSse 11:46 18 Sep 03

I've just installed my first of HP 5652 - I was bowled over - very fast - superb photo printing - super economy fast draft mode - print quality button on the printer - and even a two-sided printing attachment with it - USB and parallel.

Should be around £100 in the UK

Sir Radfordin 12:12 18 Sep 03

Looks like an impressive printer and not too expensive. Certinally an option!

pj123 13:14 18 Sep 03

A new Epson printer. C44 around £46 from here click here and probably many other places. Good black print and really good colour printing (depending on paper quality) ordinary copy paper is good, Inkjet paper very good, Photo paper excellent.

Giantsquid 13:52 18 Sep 03

I have used Epsons for years and all have been good, currently on a C60 (C62 I think it is called now) but a bit noisy perhaps for a Nursery especially if the tots are in close attendance as some of them sleep half the day away !

961 15:40 18 Sep 03

I'd always go for HP because of the new print head with each cartridge unless you want top quality colour photos in which case Epson may be better. But don't let an Epson stand idle until the ink dries and clogs up the (built in) print head

GuyR 20:53 18 Sep 03

if these are half as good as the 850i then would get my vote every time, quality, speed, quiet and cheap to refill.

expertec 21:10 18 Sep 03

HP DeskJet 5552, very good quality, PC World were selling them for £99

wags 21:30 18 Sep 03

Ahem...sorry PCA, but in 'Computerbuyer' the best buys at the moment are:HP 5150 at £81 inc VAT and the Canon i550 at £103 inc VAT. Personally, (like GuyR)I am a fan of Canon printers. I know it is 50 quid over the budget, but I have the i850 which is superb, very fast and quiet. So, maybe give the i550 a try as it is from the same stable and has a very good write up and has been a Top 50 Best Buy since April....

Wilham 22:44 18 Sep 03

Canon i850 has a lot in its favour,-separate tanks, high definition, top of the polls. I've bought one, and was pleased the head came in its own wrapping for me to insert. Only drawback after a week is that I can't find cost/availability of a spare head, so I asked Canon. The reply avoided the issue by saying I would not be charged for a head under the 12 month warranty.
The printer is £50 over limit but you will save that in inks.

dotterel 23:34 18 Sep 03

Look very carefully at the cost of ink cartridges. My Epson ones are as much as £32 each if I don't buy by mail order. My Epson C62 is VERY NOISY and very slow to start printing, but quality is excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac