Inkjet printer for c£60

VNAM75 16:51 11 Jan 08

I want to get the canon ip4500 for £64 which has had good reviews

click here

It will be used mainly for printing photos and some small brochures and leaflets. Never had an epson before but they are rated highly. Is there an epson one similar in price to the canon ip4500 I should consider?

stylehurst 17:01 11 Jan 08

Try the Epson R285

Diodorus Siculus 08:19 12 Jan 08

I'd suggest you stick with the Canon - I got one about a month ago and it's top class.

You can get PCWorld to price match the best online price - click here and click here

Diodorus Siculus 08:23 12 Jan 08

The advantage of the PCW price match is that you can take it home on the day cheaper than the online price so no waiting around for deliveries.

VNAM75 13:45 12 Jan 08

DS, thanks. Unfortunately they don't price match ebuyer which is £4 cheaper than amazon.

One ebuyer customer said his canon ip4500 stopped working after using compatible cartridges but I think it must have been a one off.

VNAM75 13:51 12 Jan 08

Sorry, if you take into account of the 10% discount it is cheaper. DS, does it work well with compatible cartridges? I read one of your posts about the ip4500.

Diodorus Siculus 15:21 12 Jan 08

I don't use compatibles because I have a laser for high volume printing so only use the inkjet when I want a quality finish or want something in colour.

Buying them from ChoiceStationery gets a complete set for about £35 delivered.

Diodorus Siculus 15:22 12 Jan 08

By the way, if you take the print out into PCW they will likely match it for you; take also a printout of the Amazon price and a printout of the web page listing the retailers whom they will price match.

VNAM75 19:01 12 Jan 08

Thanks.

For printing standard size photos (volume and single), is it cheaper to use the printer or get it done at asda/photoshop etc?

Diodorus Siculus 22:59 12 Jan 08

I get my photos printed via Photobox for a few pence each; they regularly have decent offers and you can build up a few credits.

Always worth a look over at click here

keef66 10:38 15 Jan 08

Me too.
If I have say 200 holiday snaps, I get them printed by Photobox; much cheaper and generally arrive the next day.

For my cropping, editing, scanning, Photoshopping and generally mucking about with photos I print them out on the Canon so I can see the results straight away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…