Inkjet photo printer - recommendations ?

iscanut2 19:35 07 Dec 05

Am soon to change my ageing HP Inkjet 720C and buy a new one that will excel at printing out photos as well as being used as a basic black ink printer for word proc. Has anyone any views as to the best on the market at the moment ?

jakimo 00:04 08 Dec 05

Why not get a sample print of your own photo,either printer wont disapoint

click here

click here(3ujmyyrx1dceym45nmk0kj45)/chooser_printers.aspx

jakimo 00:10 08 Dec 05

correction to get epson link for a sample

click here

PaulB2005 00:16 08 Dec 05

Canon also try before you buy - click here

I always go for Canon.

Removable Ink Heads
Separate Ink Tanks
Clear Cartridges with a light ink level meter (no guessing or page counting)
Excellent quality

I have an old S630 and my mum has a IP4200. Both great

jarani 10:33 08 Dec 05

may I ask a supplemenary question please - trying to avoid costly inks for inkjet printers - what are the options - suggestions center on bubble jet printers - are they the same ?

Stuartli 11:17 08 Dec 05

One rule of thumb is that the cheaper the printer the more expensive the replacement original or compatible inks and vice versa.

But it's not cast in stone.

Best way to find out is to provisionally select the printers in which you are interested in and then check out replacement prices at ChoiceStationary or similar outlets.

HondaMan 11:21 08 Dec 05

Canon IP8500, or if replaced its successor. Fantastic quality, 8 ink system, prints on almost anything including CD's DVD's.

Check here click here

Stuartli 11:24 08 Dec 05

I'm also a big Canon fan..:-)

Sibbo 11:28 08 Dec 05

I always use to go with Epson printers, but last year I switched to a Canon i990 and I'm well pleased with it. Excellent photo's

iscanut2 13:40 08 Dec 05

Thanks all..Was not aware of the free samples so will give them a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…