inkjet all-in-one which is reliable over time...

shoselitz 18:23 PM 10 Dec 12

I have now owned two inkjet all-in-one multi function printer/scanner/copiers and it seems to me that reviews are fine for assessing features of new machines but often ignore a longer terms view. My Canon Pixma bought about three years ago was fine for about 9 months - then started to give less favourable results and eventually gave up printing after 13 months. A long discussion with Canon resulted in their technical department telling me that 13 months was not unusual for the life of a print head and they offered to sell me a new one for a little less than the cost of a new machine! How kind. My present machine Kodak Hero 5.1 is a good little printer despite feeling a little flimsy, but now after about a year it, too is starting to give less favourable results. I have printed some 500 pages in the last year and now it is starting to clog - I have to use the clean-print-head function quite often with the resultant loss of ink - and cost. Is there a RELIABLE printer which will work well and give good results for us who don't need to print pages and photos all day every day, or a way of using a printer so that the original out-of-the-box condition is maintained?

spuds 18:34 PM 10 Dec 12

I have an HP OfficeJet that's been chugging away for possibly 15 or more years now. I also have a fair selection of other makes, because I find that when things start to go wrong, its time for a cheap replacement, and not repair.

But before buying that replacement, its usually a case of doing a little homework, like checking for cartridge prices and availability.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…