Ink Jet Printers without Print Heads Installed

Bayleaf 18:52 08 Apr 15

Hi there.

Could anyone advise on which wireless all in one printers have the print heads installed on the Ink cartridges as opposed to Installed in the machine.

I have a HP Photosmart D7160 printer which is a really good printer with the print heads installed on the cartridges which rules out the problem of machine printheads drying out and clogging. Problem is I now understand some of the new HP printers have the print heads installed in the machines, but which ones?

Regards Bayleaf

alanrwood 19:39 08 Apr 15

Most of them as it is far cheaper to make a cartridge without the print head included.

BRYNIT 21:48 08 Apr 15

Nearly all new HP printer will have two cartridges 1 x try colour and 1 x Black cartridges with print heads on the cartridge. HP printer that use 4 separate colour cartridges have the print head as part of the printer but most of these have been or will be phased out.

hastelloy 08:25 09 Apr 15

I have an Officejet Pro 8100 which has 4 ink cartridges and 4 removable print heads. I don't know how usual this set-up is but I have come across it before. This means that I can change the ink without changing the print heads but can also easily change the print heads if required.

BRYNIT 09:41 09 Apr 15

hastelloy the Officejet pro 8100 is an older model and does have 4 cartridges even the newer Officejet 8600 still has 4 separate cartridges but a little to large for the average home you will also find that a replacement print head if you can get one will usually cost nearly as much as the printer.

Bayleaf 19:59 09 Apr 15

A big thanks to everyone who contributed. I guess I will not be spending as much as I orginaly planned as I am not convinced the new printers will last above 2 or 3 years or have the quality of my old HP.

wee eddie 21:22 09 Apr 15

Usually, the less you spend on the Printer, the more you spend on ink.

The only person that can make that call is you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos