For information

pj123 14:35 03 Oct 03

Just received an email from Choice Stationery as follows.

Now 5 years old and we're still doing what we set out to do from day one, pass real savings onto our customers. Thanks to you and other customers continuing to support us, we are able to buy in larger amounts and pass those savings onto you and have lowered our prices yet again on our Epson compatible cartridges.

Epson Stylus Compatible Multipacks - For Standard Epson Printers:
Twin Pack (1 Black & 1 Colour Cartridge) £4.29
Quad Pack (2 Black & 2 Colour Cartridges) £7.99
Double Quad (4 Black & 4 Colour Cartridges) £15.95
Mega Pack (8 Blk & 8 Col Cartridges) £31.00
Mono Pack (5 Black Cartridges) £7.99 + 1 Free Black!
Colour Pack (5 Colour Cartridges) £12.99 + 1 Free Colour!

Epson Stylus Compatible Multipacks - For "Chipped" Epson Printers:
Twin Pack (1 Black & 1 Colour Cartridge) £7.99
Quad Pack (2 Black & 2 Colour Cartridges) £14.99
Double Quad (4 Black & 4 Colour) £29.95
Mono Pack (5 Black Cartridges) £16.99 + 1 Free Black!
Colour Pack (5 Colour Cartridges) £21.99 + 1 Free Colour!

For more details please visit click here

All our prices include FREE delivery and VAT; there are no hidden surprises with us!.

Also we are so confident on the quality of our cartridges, not only do we offer a full money back guarantee, but in the unlikely event that your printer is damaged by one of our cartridges, we will collect, repair or replace your printer free of charge. We also have a dedicated customer support line (0845 456 2345), so we are only a phone call away offering free support on all our products should you need it - ask for further details.

So if anyone has any apprehensions about compatibile ink cartridges give Choice Stationery a try on click here

Djohn 14:58 03 Oct 03

Thanks for the info. j.

Spark6 15:00 03 Oct 03

I use Choice cartridges on my Epson 860. Reasonable price and good results.

Note their guarantee!

Stuartli 15:36 03 Oct 03

Just one minor detail - an 0845 call is not providing "free" support even at local charge rates...:-)

keenan 16:03 03 Oct 03

I use click here, fast delivery,and good guarantee
12 months no problems so far.
from the recommendations here, might give choice a try.

pj123 16:35 03 Oct 03

Stuartli, Now that's a good point. Hadn't noticed that before. My turn to get in touch with them and point that out.

pj123 10:42 04 Oct 03

Re Choice Free Support. Just had an email from Paul Andrews Managing Director. Quote "our support is free, some companies charge extra for support" Unquote. That's all. What I think they mean is (apart from the telephone call) they will talk you through any problem you may have with their proucts for as long as it takes. Whether you class that as free support or not is up to you. Personally I don't think a local call is a problem. If it was an 0870 or 0901 type number then that is a different matter.

zaach 11:12 04 Oct 03

I have been using Choice for some time for Epson 440 and 830, cartridges fine, delivery fast and prices among the best. Can usually get any queries sorted by email so have never used telephone call for help.

pj123 11:32 04 Oct 03

zaach, I agree with you. I have never had any problems with Choice for as long as I remember. I have had no cause to complain so will continue using them.

Wilham 11:52 04 Oct 03

July issue of Which? mag has told readers Epson wastes too much ink in its 'empty' cartridges. Newsfile in Oct 2003 Computer Shopper, p335, comments that Epson inkjets have different piezo printheads to other makes, and airlocks ruin them if they dry out,- so Epson tries to ensure this doesn't happen.
If I use Choice cartridges and my Epson subsequently has this airlock, will I be eligible for a free replacement printer under the guarantee quoted by pj123 ?

pj123 12:19 04 Oct 03

Wilham, I teach IT and have 8 PCs and 4 Epson printers shared 2 to 1 via switch boxes. They are all in use daily. I have never had recourse to test Choice Stationery's guarantee yet. Obviously, Choice will have to agree that it was their ink that caused any problems before they repair or replace your printer. It wouldn't be a good idea to let any ink cartridge (on any printer, not just Epsons) to "dry out" before replacing it anyway. When the Epson Status Monitor advises the ink needs replacing I do it. I have never, ever had to do a head clean, possibly because they are used daily. A good tip is if your printer is not used regularly make up a page in Word consisting of text and coloured boxes and do a print once a week. Doesn't take long and will keep the printheads clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…