info re free-online

palinka 16:53 16 Feb 07

Just to satisfy my curiosity, can someone give me answers to these questions about this ISP, (My friend signed up to it last year on the recommndation of his neighbour)
1. there is no telphone help line
2. he's on BB but it isn't on all the time - he says he has to "dial-up"
3 it's been taken over by BT

SANTOS7 17:24 16 Feb 07

click here

Part of Plusnet..

palinka 17:28 16 Feb 07

Thanks SANTOS7, I'd already looked at the website and that doesn't answer my questions.

Woolwell 17:58 16 Feb 07

I'm not sure that I understand your questions.

1.Telephone helpline: At the bottom of the Free-Online website it gives 2 telephone numbers - 1 for customer support the other for Broadband faults.

2.With BB the line is on all time but he may have to activate his modem connection like a dial-up. I had to do that with my Wanadoo connection.

3. ?

Woolwell 18:01 16 Feb 07

BT Take over read this click here

palinka 18:35 16 Feb 07

thanks woolwell, You are quite right - don't know how I'd missed that. I'll pass it on to my friend who told me earlier today that he could not find any means of contacting them; and as he couldn't get online at the time to access their website he was completely stuck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…