Info on my 2nd hand Patriot Computer required

katkins 00:05 16 Feb 05

Patriot Computer
Monitor: Model 431XN
Serial No GC8XH10222, P/N 504310-128
Hard Drive: PK-500-20,
Serial No 849001020
Windows '98

Could anyone tell me or supply me with a link to where I could get the spec details of my computer(above)manufactured around 1998.

Thanks in advance, everybody.

Katkins

steves100 00:29 16 Feb 05

was that not one made for curry's?

Diodorus Siculus 08:06 16 Feb 05

click here
try Everest which will give you lots of info on the components.

wee eddie 09:30 16 Feb 05

Stick it on a floppy and run it on your Patriot.

It will tell you all you have.

Lightchop 13:23 16 Feb 05

... or do a google for a freeware program called 'PC Wizard' - cracking piece of kit.

katkins 01:31 17 Feb 05

I have downloaded the Everest application from the link supplied by Diodrous. There is a very similar programme by Fresh Diagnostics which I used to have before I did a recovery on my PC, four months ago.

Thanks to Wee Eddie for the link to Belarc Advisor, but I already have it on on my main PC. I don't have my Patriot computer connected to the net right now.

The link for PC Wizard supplied by Lightchop doesn't lead to PC Wizard site, but thanks anyway.

Steves, yes they sell them, but Patriot(made by a Canadian co, now changed hands) are not made for Currys, I think Advent computers are.

katkins 03:18 17 Feb 05

Lightchop, I have managed to download PC Wizard from MajorGeeks Download site. It's also a very good application. Thanks for pointing out this software.

davidg_richmond 14:08 17 Feb 05
  MINKS 13:07 21 Feb 05

Does your computer have a yellow and blue waving triangular flag with the letter B on it?

If so this computer was supplied by a company called "BYTE" which traded in the Office World stores. This company has now ceased trading and PC World took over in some way, not sure how.

The Patriot was actually made by Opus Computers and this company has also ceased trading. If you have any old computer magazines from around 1997 you will see that Opus had some prominent advertisements in many magazines.

Not much help to your question, just a bit of background.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…