Indecisive!?!?!?!?!

Tribune 23:22 22 Sep 06

Just bought a XCTX pro, for gaming and work, which turned out to be faulty,and didnt handle what i thought it would so i've returned it. now i am back to square one and have decided to get a 13 inch mac to carry round uni for work, and a high-spec desktop for gaming(and work again), basically i have £2600 to spend on the fastest rig i can get.Any suggestions please

DieSse 23:39 22 Sep 06

I used to be - now I'm not so sure.

;-))

sorry - couldn't resist - the old ones are the best ones.

DieSse 23:42 22 Sep 06

One suggestion - get two macs or two PCs - mixing them will give you hassles at some stage.

Core2 Duo systems are the fastest around at this point in time.

terryf 05:57 23 Sep 06

Would be better if your heading was more decisive so that we can see at a glance what the request for help is about, I was not sure whether to look at the thread, now I am sure that I needn't have bothered looking at it :-)

Kate B 17:45 23 Sep 06

Mixing them won't give you any hassle at all, I've got a Windows gaming rig and an iBook.

It's a rival mag, but have a look at this month's Custom PC which has got a Dream Machines feature comparing gloriously, stupidly expensive gaming rigs - even if you don't go for one of those it might give you some ideas. For retailers, I'd have a look at Scan, Voodoo and Alienware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…