Incomplete Order

underworldmagic 10:43 23 Oct 04

Hello everyone,

I had ordered a few items from and one of the items was a Western Digital Raptor 74GB hard drive which was the most expencive item of all the other items (about £120)

I revieved the box which was heavily wrapped with tape, when i opened the box the first thing i looked at was the invoice...yes, everything was on there which i ordered. I always check the invoice to the items in the box, as i went on item by item there i stood in shock there was no hard drive!!!!

i have never been in such a situation before, i have had items which were sent of a wrong description but never missing an actual item. has this ever happened to anyone else?

I am just needing to know what i should do? I have emailed overclockers yesterday and told them what i have found (no hard drive) but i have had no replies yet.

please help me. this has been very stressfull to me, no sleep yesterday night, i had been saving money for this fast drive for a long time.

please what should i do?

Thank you

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:49 23 Oct 04

Did you check the box, when delivered, in front of the courier?

underworldmagic 11:07 23 Oct 04

I did not check the box in front of the courier. I just signed for it and opened the box right after when he went away.

Ive just got a reply from overclockers, and they are saying "please recheck your packaging" well i only recieved one box, not really hard to miss a hard drive while checking one box!!!

spuds 11:18 23 Oct 04

It would appear as though you checked the box later [like most people do],but did you sign any advisory warning on the couriers despatch note ie Not Examined,Unchecked etc.

There have been other postings of similar nature within the forum, and in some cases everything as turned out okay. But in other cases things have been very difficult,mainly due to the fact of proving the item was not despatched correctly.Your word against theirs syndrome.Some companies have procedures for checking and strict quality controls are in order, other companies just really on the box on the shelf despatch method.I would think that it is now a case of waiting to see what the reply is from the supplier.I hope you paid by credit card!.

underworldmagic 11:40 23 Oct 04

i usually do sign "unchecked" on the form but this time i dont know why i did not. just my bad luck that REALLY this time i got something missing.

well i guess i will have to wait and see what they say.

I paid by Switch debit card, does that make any difference

spuds 13:20 23 Oct 04

Switch debit card payment makes a very big difference in terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.You have no or very little protection.

With credit cards you will be protected under the above Act, as per section 75 Equal Liability.The credit card company will be equally responsible as that of the supplier for the service.

underworldmagic 14:02 23 Oct 04

thats pretty alarming to hear that.

im thinking of it as a a customer, i expect to recieve the goods which i have ordered and in this case i have not.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:23 23 Oct 04

...but it is your responsibility to check the goods on arrival or sign 'unchecked'. Responsibility is not always towards the supplier. I would go, cap in hand and be very polite as it is your word against theirs.

TomJerry 10:26 25 Oct 04

I remember that another thread a few weeks ago. One guy bought something from the same outlet and CPU missing, but the company did not accept responsiblity and the person had to go to court. Cannot remember the results, you can try to search for that thread.

underworldmagic 13:43 25 Oct 04

that was the reply i was dredding, i just want this problem sorted out smoothly.

as i mentioned before, i am a customer and expect to recieve what i have ordered and in this case i have not. its a situation i did not choose to be in, they are saying that the order was fully packaged, but it only takes one employee with a low level of integrity to say he/she has packed the item and really they have not.

the current reply i have from them is

"The deck search of the warehouse can not be completed until this evening i'm afraid it was not possible to do with the Staff that we had on Saturday. Apologies for the slight delay."

anyone know what they mean by a "deck search of the warehouse" if they mean searching the warehouse for the missing hard drive...well if someone has 'nicked' it from the warehouse then they are not going to find anything.

spuds 14:40 25 Oct 04

Reference to my 'box on the shelf'=deck search. If it is there, they should find it,if it isn't?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…