Impressed with Virgin

GRIDD 12:22 16 Sep 08

I recently upgraded my service to the VIP package and the whole experience has been brilliant.

Engineer came yesterday (on time) to find I'd already moved my normal box upstairs and so he proceeded to install my V+ box. We asked him for a bit of slack on the cable as I planned to move the living room around. His answer was that's a bit messy I'll make you up an extension cable, which included extra connectors etc. 10/10

The TV installation is brilliant but one quibble was my phone stopped working (reported yesterday evening - took a few minutes) and all of a sudden an engineer called this morning to say he'd been to the exchange and fixed it. 10/10

Called to enquire about our free wireless router and was told it will arrive with us by Friday. pending a 10/10

Internet speed improvement is phenomenal going form 2meg to a constant 20meg :)) 10/10

All the call centre staff where polite, knowledgeable and keen to help & sort things. 10/10

Well done Virgin!

Picklefactory 12:56 16 Sep 08

....nice to hear a satisfied story. I'm thinking of upgrading my Virgin too (As the Bishop said to the actress), so nice to know there's a strong chance of a good outcome.

polish 16:31 16 Sep 08

ive been with cable for about 15 years originally nynex and have always had pretty good service which is quite rare these days but does seem better again since virgin took over.

BT 07:39 17 Sep 08

I've been with Cable for about 15 years too. Originally Videotron in London, then Cable & Wireless, then NTL, then Virgin, and have always had good service.
The only problem I did have was when I moved from London to Norwich and filled in the 'Moving House' form on the website, and nothing happened for about 6 weeks despite numerous phone calls. Eventually I managed to speak to someone who was able to help and they sent out an engineer next day at 6pm who installed my phone and TV. It seems their 'Moving House' service doesn't seem to work if you are moving to a different town. I had to cancel my service in London and sign up to a new one in Norwich.

birdface 18:17 17 Sep 08

A massive improvement from them in the last year.I would recommend them to anyone now.All they need now is an all UK call center and they will be the best ISP out there.

Strawballs 22:13 17 Sep 08

I got V+ Box for free for being a loyal customer great bit of kit!

GRIDD 23:43 17 Sep 08

I also got my V+ and install for free as well as the router but that's on a VIP deal = £86 per month.

I tried Sky but they were looking too much money...

Need a BT Line,
Then take their BB (no where near speed of Virgin)
Their Talk package
multi-room
full works on TV
then £99 for box and £60 install.

Costing more than double overall for the year than what Virgin offered me.

A colleague said today his brother called Sky to "cancel" - basically he was looking a reatention deal like the half price HD boxes "brand new customers only" get. Sky refused, so he told them to turn the service off. He's went Virgin.

tillybaby 06:42 18 Sep 08

When I cancelled my sky+ service it was a nightmare, for a start they wouldn't accept it as such and offered me all manner of incentives, eventually I managed to cancel but then I was constantly bombarded with sales staff asking me to return and stuff through the post also, that went on for a good 12 months and really it's only lately that it seems to have ceased.

BT 07:50 18 Sep 08

I had THREE Sky reps knocking on my door in one day trying to convince me to change from cable and "to get the best value for money"
As GRIDD points out all the extra costs involved in setting up hardly makes it worthwhile.
Needless to say when the third one knocked it was very difficult not to insult the young woman and tell her where to put their Sky Box!

GRIDD 12:25 18 Sep 08

Netgear Wireless Router arrived by UPS just now.

10/10 Virgin!

peter99co 23:52 18 Sep 08

A man insulted a Sky Phone receptionist and told her where to stick a phone. Two men came to the house to remove his system as a result unless he apologised. He said he would ring and tell her. She answered the phone and he said she should get ready because they were bringing it round.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…