Important Safety and Product Recall Notice Europe

powerless 13:23 14 Dec 03

For: Creative Labs - Cambridge SoundWorks® MegaWorks® 510D

"Creative has discovered a potential electrical problem with a number of units in a batch of subwoofers from our range of Cambridge SoundWorks MegaWorks 510D Speakers. This product recall is isolated to units within the serial number ranges B000001 to B002000 and B002801 to B004200. Creative has decided, in the interest of consumer safety, to recall all affected units from warehouse inventory, retail stores and end-user customers. This recall only affects European units with serial numbers that begin with a “B” prefix in the serial number ranges identified above. It does not affect other geographic markets and units without a “B” prefix in the serial number."

click here

A few hairdos could be saved!!

powerless 06:56 16 Dec 03

...Ticky, ticky!

oresome 17:41 19 Dec 03

I'd be interested to know how successful these recalls are. Most retailers won't take names and addresses at point of sale for such products so it relies on purchasers seeing the recall notice. How likely is that?

Gaz 25 16:14 20 Dec 03

Ummm,

I ceased trading these after they sent me this.

A new one is now avaliable.

ams4127 20:45 20 Dec 03

That's interesting, because the subwoofer with the set supplied with my Evesham (bought in September 2002) played up badly. On contacting Evesham support I was passed to Creative, who sent me a new one immediately, which is working perfectly.

But, just to be on the safe side, I'll check this one too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…