Important-LG DVD/RW GSA-4163A

freaky 15:54 23 Nov 05

For those of you that have this Drive - there is a firmware update available from LG that flashes the Rom to version A105.

I had problems downloading this Zip file from LG, contacted them by email yesterday, and they sent it to me this morning!

I installed it OK, and it appears to have overcome the problem of the drive spinning for a long time after use.

Would be happy to supply more details - please post to this topic.

pj123 16:07 23 Nov 05

Did it weeks ago. 23rd October in fact.

I have it on my hard disk as a 1.4mb zip file. Anyone wants it I will email it. Contact me via the envelope.

freaky 20:48 24 Nov 05

Also asked them to send me a Manual yesterday, got it today. That's what I call service!

If anybody would like a copy, then ditto as per pj123 - contact me via envelope

pj123 15:00 28 Dec 05

Just had a request from a Forum member for this zip file. Tried to email it but it was a gmail address and got it returned "undelivered, file too big"

What is the maximum file size that gmail will accept then. I don't class 1.4mb as excessive. Have asked the Forum member for an alternative email address.

Chegs ®™ 17:02 29 Dec 05

You could always use click here Easy as email,but without the filtering probs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…