Imation cdr's

exprog 10:47 19 Apr 06

I have been using Imation cd's for some time, without problems. These I used to purchase in Argos or PC world. I now notice that both shops do not now stock them. Looking around I see they are stocked at Amazon, at a very cheap price.
However, looking at customer reviews of the product show a lot of unfavourable comments, particularly the recent ones. Does any one know if there is a reason for the unavailability of these cd's, and whether the quality of the ones available are still the same as before.

Stuartli 11:34 19 Apr 06

If you buy the Imation CD-Rs from Morrisons they are rebranded Taiyo Muden media - probably the finest media manufacturer in the world.

I've been buying them for around three years now (used to be £5.99 for a pack of 10 in cases or four packs for £10) and still have some 32x left, along with the more recent 48x and 52x versions.

I have never had a "coaster" with these disks and I've burned many dozens of them.

I've also got some Infiniti printable CD-Rs from 7DayShop at £3.49 for a spindle of 25 disks; again they are rebranded Taiyo Muden media and have proved first class both for printing and quality.

Whaty 12:55 19 Apr 06

Stuarti, how do you know they are rebranded?

I ask because some time ago I got a 50 spindle of unbranded CDR's (literally nothing on them at all), they were very cheap and they were brilliant, not one failure.!

I was recommended to use Verbetim (think that's spelt wrong but I'm sure you'll know what I mean), I've only used a dozen or so so far but two of them have glitched.

I guess the second question is, how do you know the good from the bad?

exprog, sorry to butt into your thread.

Regards,
Terry

Stuartli 13:39 19 Apr 06
  Whaty 14:27 19 Apr 06

Thanks...

Not only did I spell Verbatim wrong, but I also spelt your name incorrectly, sorry.

Stuartli 15:42 19 Apr 06

It's actually Stuart...:-)

Prof Jones 16:11 19 Apr 06

Have always used them and never had a problem. Argos dropped them to go with another company as they got a better deal. It's all to do with making bigger profits!

mattyc_92 16:40 19 Apr 06

I use the "Infiniti" brand... Pack of 100 for £10

I have used many of these and I haven't yet found a "faulty" one ;-)

Stuartli 18:37 19 Apr 06

See my 11:34 posting...

mattyc_92 20:39 19 Apr 06

I see what you mean...
I am just glad that I use my second hard-disc for backing up important data

Thanks again...

mattyc_92 20:45 19 Apr 06

Read wrong post, was reading your link... Stating that the cheaper media doesn't always have great quality

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…