"Imation" CD-R's-any good?

cracker23 16:59 11 Apr 03

These disc's seem to be really cheep,Has anyone used them? Or is it a case of "you get what you pay for" !! Thanks

Stuartli 17:52 11 Apr 03

No, not a case of "you get what you pay for", at least in this instance...:-)

Imation produces (or at least rebrands a top media manufacturer's products) some of the best quality CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-R media you can buy.

Morrisons recently offered the 32x Imation boxes at £5.99 for a pack of 10 including cases or three boxes for £10.

A few weeks on the then latest 48x version was included in the offer, which represents terrific value.

I bought up enough to last me for at least two years.

Go to click here

for full information on who produces the media and sells it under their own brand name and those manufacturers who rebrand their media, often offering it at slightly cheaper prices.

shifty 17:53 11 Apr 03

I have been using them for the last year or so and not had a bad disk. Good for music etc etc. everyone I know uses them.

cracker23 18:08 11 Apr 03

Thanks guys.At Argos you can get 100 for £26.99.I thought this was really cheep for the high street so thought I would check here first.Looks like I'll be on my way into town tomorrow.Thank you for your replies.

rins36 21:37 11 Apr 03

bought "Imation" CD-R's from Morrisons & have had no probs at all I think £10.00 for 30 cdrs is brill

Though not seen the offer that Stuartli has mentioned

rins36 21:43 11 Apr 03

re 48x version was included in the offer

Stuartli 12:52 12 Apr 03

Morrisons' current offer is Maxell (Hitachi) 48x CD-Rs in packs of 10 with cases at £6.99 on a Buy One, Get One Free basis.

There were a few of the Imation 32/48x CD-R packs still left about a fortnight, ago but these have now been snapped up.

Safeways wants £7.99 for a pack of 10 32x Maxell CD-Rs and even more for the Sony version...:-)

Stuartli 12:56 12 Apr 03

I am, of course, only commenting on my local Morrisons store - the situation may be different at its other outlets re Imation disks.

Maxell's products are equally excellent.

The Sack 13:49 12 Apr 03

Do not trust the branding on any CD-R you buy (except Verbatim) as the discs are not made by company that branded it. One week it could be a ritek disc the next it could be a CMC disc but the branding remains the same. To find out who made to disc you need a program to read the ATIP code on the CD, Nero info tool can do this and it is included with every download of Nero. Just because a CD-R completes its burn it doesn’t mean it is a good disc, it could be packed with high C1 errors (which your error correcting can work out) or C2 errors (which your error correcting cant work out) CD Speed can show you this using its scandisc function (again it comes with Nero) but more accurate measures can be seen with CD-Doctor (if you can find it, it is very good)

For media at competeitve prices click here and click here both have good customer services should things go wrong.

Try to avoid any CD-R made by CMC they are a waste of money.

cracker23 14:29 12 Apr 03

Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac