I'm looking for a new printer

golfpro 08:18 21 Aug 06

I've had my Canon S750 printer now for three years +, and its on its last legs. So as soon as the inks run out I will be looking for a new one.
But which, there a quite a lot out there, I like Canon's although I have a new Epson scanner. I don't print many Photos just a few, most of my printing is on plain A4 paper both color and B&W. My main criteria is ink and print quality and the price of ink cartridges. Even though my printer is only 3 or 4 years old I am having trouble obtaining the ink for this model now.
So anyone any suggestions.

961 11:58 21 Aug 06

I like HP printers mainly because they supply a new print head within each new cartridge you buy. Also, if you buy the cartridges in twin packs they have much more ink in each and are virtually as cheap as refilled or remanufactured

I have an HP all in one but as you have a new scanner you may not want to go down that road

Since models are updated every 6 months or so you can invariably find one at half price if you hunt around

golfpro 12:15 21 Aug 06

There seems to be a large difference in price between the HP Office models and the desk jets, which ones are supplied with a spare print head? All of them or just the office products.

vinnyT 13:13 21 Aug 06

With HP (and some other manus) the printhead is built into the cartridges, so everytime you buy a new one you get a new printhead.

961 13:45 21 Aug 06

A desk jet is all you need. All HP cartridges have a new print head

mahalo 20:28 21 Aug 06

I am now onto my 4th HP printer and I have had good results with all of them, previous ones have been given away as I had updated each time. I bought an Hp Photosmart 8250 from John Lewis at £49.99. it is in the Argas Book at £99.99 !.
It prints normal A4 everday work quickly. I also hace the small Hp325 for photos and that is excellent. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now