I'm After a Cheap Linux Printer - Suggestions Please?

Input Overload 13:25 PM 01 Apr 12
Answered

I'm looking for a 'cheap & cheerful' printer that will work OK in Linux - I have a Kodak printer that works well in Windows & as a network printer but I want a basic USB printer that will be mainly used for text docs & the odd map or basic screen print etc.

I've look on Linux forums but some recommended ones are nor available any more or not in the UK - Ideally someone who uses 'X' printer successfully in Linux would be helpful.

I don't need it to print anything elaborate as these are done fine from within Windows via the Kodak AIO - A printer that has cheapish compatibles would be nice.

I can just about get the Kodak to run in Linux but it's a lot of hassle as there are no drivers for Windows for it & other solutions are a hassle.

ronalddonald 02:25 AM 02 Apr 12
Answer

im using a canon pixma ip2700. It works on Linux mint and ubuntu

Input Overload 05:40 AM 02 Apr 12

Thanks for that I was thinking either Canon or Epson - I'll look into that - Thanks for the input.

Input Overload 14:19 PM 02 Apr 12

Getting the Epson S220 which is going 'cheap' at the moment so should be fine for Easter ;-)

Input Overload 10:59 AM 04 Apr 12

The Epson S220 installed in under a minute without any fuss & found the drivers off the net itself - Obviously it's not the most robust or fastest printer on the market but at £29 I'm certainly not complaining - I’ve paid more than that for cartridges.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites