I'll give the Talk-Talk BB offer a go

dagbladet 12:16 23 Apr 06

I'm giving it a go. I already have Talk Talk 2meg (unl) BB and Talk Talk landline for £20. I pay my line rental (£11) to BT. So for the sake of a couple of mouseclicks it seems I should gain unlimited landline calls to 28 countries and my BB speed could potentially increase by up to 8meg, although I am 700 metres from the exchange. My line rental now goes via CPW. I should be paying £10 less a month. 2 days in and I have recieved my first disappointment, on 'tracking my order' I see that my line speed is not estimated to increase until Dec 2006. Funny how when I checked my number prior to signing up, I simply recieved a catagoric 'YES', and no mention of any delay, certainly not 8 months!. Anyway I will keep you all informed.

Stuartli 13:03 23 Apr 06

The "Yes" was to indicate that you could receive the free broadband (as part of the £9.99 TalkTalk International 3 package) and not have to temporarily take up the £10 offer.

dagbladet 21:32 23 Apr 06

Right so i'll let you all know how it goes then.

Stuartli 22:38 23 Apr 06

By the way, I'm curious to know how you tracked your order as this feature has been disabled for several days now...:-)

dagbladet 22:59 23 Apr 06

It's disabled on the offer page, but if you log into the 'my account' page it works...or vice versa

terryf 23:02 23 Apr 06

I ditched talktalk and went to Eclipse, I now have 8 MB and a 20-1 contention ratio for the same as I was paying for 1 MB. Another point is that I am on amonthly contract and I don't have to pay £70 to end the contract

Stuartli 23:08 23 Apr 06

Thanks for that. I've tried all ways over the past few days and still no joy now...:-(

Stuartli 23:14 23 Apr 06

Ah!

Tried it in Internet Explorer rather than Firefox and it worked...:-)

However, I never did get a confirmation e-mail, although I'm told my line will be speed upgraded on June 5 (my birthday!) if I am already a TalkTalk customer.

Have to hope that One.Tel counts...

Stuartli 14:30 24 Apr 06

Just had a letter from One.Tel (TalkTalk One.Tel) stating that my Select telephone service will be discontinued on May 4th.

Fearing that one organisation hadn't a clue about the other's involvement, I've checked it out on the 0800 number provided and apparently I go onto TalkTalk International 3 on May 5th...:-)

dms05 16:45 24 Apr 06

Reassuring to hear that Stuartli! If Talk Talks figures on annual savings are even remotely correct I'm also going to change. Once you get your telephone and ADSL for £21/month their isn't a lot further for others to go, so signing up for the initial contract isn't much of a risk especially if I'm saving £30 each month from day 1! I'm told my ADSL connection will be early June if I elect to switch.

Teaboy 17:26 24 Apr 06

for myself I'm a little unsure about talk-talk's offer. I keep thinking,-there's no such as a free lunch.and this bothers me. I further understand that there is a contractal period of a year and a half! if you are disapointed with their service, tough! I shall be watching closely you brave fellows experiences with the service befor I take the plunge.

The best of British to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…