Iiyama Prolite 431S

ch0pper 23:52 22 May 04

I suspect that Iiyama must be both delighted and appalled by the demand for this TFT screen.

Delighted because it would seem that being highly recommended in a couple of the PC comics has resulted in HUGE demand for this item. Demand that would have been impossible to create purely from normal advertising.

Appalled because they are unable to meet the demand, and NOTHING annoys potential customers more than not being able to buy what they've set their hearts on. It seems that stockists get a load in and then they're stripped from the shelves almost immediately.

I was lucky. I wanted one just after Xmas and couldn't find one. Then I bought one from Delta PC Services, it was delivered in under 18hrs, and it is simply superb. I'm very delighted with it, and can see why it received such acclaimation in the press.

Stuartli 11:48 23 May 04

iiyama has always been tops for monitors.

I bought two S702GT 17in models in 1999, one for me and one for my son as a Thank You at the time.

Both have been used for thousands of hours and are still going strong - not even had to alter the settings for brightness, contrast or to adjust the screen size.

Checks on colour balance etc still reveal them to be spot on.

The only problem - nd it is a minor one - is that the right hand side of the display gradually fills in a gap over five or 10 minutes to the edge of the screen.

Both do this, so it must be a common fault. It took a little while to twig that the original settings had to be set after a longer delay than normal for the monitor to properly warm up.

Incidentally, iiyama's support (at least at the time I used it at the time the monitors were acquired) was spot on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…