IE 7 beta 3

Teaboy 17:17 07 Jul 06

Any forum member trying IE beta 3 can give an opinion? In particular any difficulties with updates in their computers? I am asking because of the warning given on the MS download site, that updates may not work. Because of this warning I'm torn between wanting it, and nervousness in downloading it.

Jackcoms 17:45 07 Jul 06

If MS themselves are warning about possible problems with one of their own beta products, I think that says it all, don't you?

sunny staines 18:06 07 Jul 06

mine ok.

Genius1 19:01 07 Jul 06

No problems here, but it is likely that there may be some errors somewhere as it's Beta software.

phil 20:06 07 Jul 06

Can't use it after downloading it.

I had Beta 1 and didn't like it so I un-installed it.

Tried Beta 2, liked that so I thought I'd try Beta 3 but I can't un-install Beta 2 because it's nowhere to be found.

Looked in Add & Remove, Programmes and the registry but it just ain't there.

There is a mention of this problem on the IE7 blog click here and scroll down a bit but I have nothing at all similar to what it says there.

I'm beginning to think I might have to re-install XP to try Beta 3 out. You would think the installation prog would come with it's own un-installer.

Colin 20:10 07 Jul 06

I've tried IE7 Beta 2 and liked it so downloaded Beta 3. Beta 2 uninstalled OK, it should be in Add/Remove Programs if you tick "Show Updates". However, I cannot install Beta 3. The installation comences OK but hangs when it gets to "Downloading Core Components". I have tried it a few times, once leaving it for over an hour, but it didn't get past that point. I did a system restore and reverted back to Beta 2.

BRYNIT 22:49 07 Jul 06

I have also tried and liked IE7 Beta 2. I downloaded Beta 3 and installed a week ago,never had a problems with Beta 2 and hope I have the same look with Beta 3.

Teaboy 18:36 09 Jul 06

thanks for the response everyone. Seems it works for some but not for others! I think I will chicken out and wait for final version. Quake Quake.

modelflyer 19:39 09 Jul 06

Both beta 2 and 3 have been working flawlessly for me, including updates. I have been a Firefox fan for a long time now, but the new version of IE I quite like. Certainly loads up a lot faster than Firefox.
Go on, go for it and give it a try (faint heart and all that)!!

Teaboy 16:37 11 Jul 06

modelflyer

have you read Colin's comments above? shiver shiver!

modelflyer 13:36 12 Jul 06

I read Colin's comments but bear in mind that for the few problems that have been posted here, there are probably many many more people, like myself, who have had no problems at all.
If you are that worried just set a restore a restore point before installing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…