Is this an Identity Theft Scam at work?

rickf 12:57 16 Feb 06

Hi All, I thought people might be interested in this. I received 2 letters this AM from Loterias y Apuesta del Estado in Spain with an address and tel.no. together with a form for me to fill in requiring a lot of personal details and the usual banking details. The letter claims that I have won 1,498,160.00 Euros and money has been deposited in an offshore a/c. To make the claim I would have to fill in the form by return. I believe this is a scam and thought others might be well advised not to respond. Apparently, I have been selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 names in Asia, Australia, New Zealand etc.
Be warned!!!

stalion 13:14 16 Feb 06

anything you receive like this bin it,nobody wins anything without taking part in the first place.

Totally-braindead 13:20 16 Feb 06

Its sad but fools and there money are soon parted. People must reply to these things else they wouldn't even try it.

jack 14:26 16 Feb 06

stalion and TBD have said it
It helps to drive it home by more repetition

If you did not buy a ticket you can't win
They do every time.

rickf 17:32 19 Feb 06

End of post Guess its served its run,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…