I.C.E

steven_frost 10:22 12 Jul 05

I know this is not IT related but i feel it is such a good idea and should be passed on to as many people as poss.

East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
Emergency (ICE) "campaign with the support of Falklands war hero
Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers
award. The idea is that you store the word "I C E" in your mobile
phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you
would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".
In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able
to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact
them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do. Please will
you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take
too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really
could save your life.
For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

I can understand if this is deleted but as i work as a EMT it would save alot of time and heartace and in light of the events of thursday would help everyone

Aspman 13:51 12 Jul 05

Don't know how this will marry with the other advice given out regarding mobiles which is to lock them with a PIN.

igk 14:05 12 Jul 05

Obviously it can only work if the phone is turned on and most people who are out and about usually do this otherwise its pretty pointless having a mobile phone in the first place...

De Marcus 14:09 12 Jul 05

Sound advice I've been adhering to for a few years now.

igk 15:36 12 Jul 05

Info here:
click here

Stuartli 15:54 12 Jul 05

Some mobiles can also have the keyboard PIN controlled even if it is in use.

But generally the advice, given out recently, makes sense for the emergency services.

BT 09:41 13 Jul 05

Here's the original article from the Norwich Evening News

click here

steven_frost 13:31 13 Jul 05

95% of phones dont have a pin number to unlock a keyboard and 99% of phones are normal turned on so it make sound advice to have this in your mobile

pj123 16:07 14 Jul 05

And take no notice of "email hoax"

This in the Norwich Eastern Daily Press.

Email hoax threatens ICE Scheme.

email hoaxers are putting at risk a campaign to encourage people to store emergency contact details in their mobile phones. The East Anglian Ambulance Trust's In Case of Emergency (ICE) scheme gained widespread coverage in the wake of last week's London bombings, with details forwarded by email to people around the world. The idea is that people enter the letters ICE into their mobile phone, with the name and phone number of someone to be contacted in an emergency. But a subsequent email circulated by "malicious" hoaxers suggests the ICE is a type of mobile phone virus, which accesses your address book and drains pay-as-you-go phones of their credits. Matt Ware, spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Service, yesterday asked people to ignore the hoax emails. "I have been inundated with emails and phone calls from people worried that, having put ICE into their mobiles, they are now going to be charged for the privilege," he said; "We would like to assure people that that's not the case. Whoever began this second email chain is obviously a malicious person with way too much time on their hands".

Contact click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…