I wish to buy a new scanner, medium price.

ratface 15:11 06 Aug 06

I have bought new items in the past which I have been dissapointed with for various reasons. The new scanner I need will mainly be used to digitise photo's, b & w and colour, some negs and slides will also need to be copied at times. I have about £70 available at the moment and I would be most interested to hear comments from existing users about what I should consider.
Thanks.

Stuartli 15:33 06 Aug 06

You won't need to spend anything like that amount these days for a top brand, excellent quality scanner.

Some examples, including the excellent Canon models:

click here

Woolwell 18:26 06 Aug 06

I have seen the Epson 3490 recommended in a number of posts. It is under £70.

pj123 18:54 06 Aug 06

I have the Epson Perfection 3170 but have recommended the 3490 to a couple of friends. They are very pleased with it.

click here

GaT7 19:19 06 Aug 06

I've got the Epson 3490 too - well-recommended fro the price. Cheapest at the moment I believe is Amazon at £55.30 (incl free delivery) click here, which is where I purchased it from.

Reviews: click here, click here, click here & click here. G

clueless555 13:14 07 Aug 06

get a cannon, ive never had one that ever got broke down, i have one from 5 years ago and it still works. i got a new one and theyre exeptional, slimline and could put sotre them on thier side to save space.

unless you want something reallysophisticate you wont need a really expensive one because i bought a top o the range cannon and dont use all the resouloution there available because i simple dont need it, you can copy paperwork professionally with lower resoloution but i have to admit it cam in useful on ore or two occasions

lide 60 is great from pcw its click here
so its better value to buy online from pcw in this instance

if you want something a little better too
for 63 quid you can have the canon 4200F click here

imo the lide 60 is great as it is and is very slimline but the 4200F is better but also a bit bigger,, if that matters at all to you. expept the 4200F has much higher resoloution. both great value.

i sincerely recommend cannon scanners they are great, hardworking, stylish and foolproof, plus the software is pretty decent too.

Stuartli 14:30 07 Aug 06

..and there I was thinking that cannons go bang...:-)

Mind you my Canon BJC 600e printer delivered excellent service for nearly 10 years before I acquired my current Epson R300 (nothing from Canon could match its price/specification at the time).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…