i want to switch to tiscali.

wolfie3000 10:41 18 Feb 07

how do i go about it?

I know that seems like a stupid question but im on aol silver and dont know the best way to go about switching.

DO i get a MAC code and switch?
If i do get a MAC code from AOL, when i switch to tiscali will i get there modem or not?
can i even switch from aol ? iv been with aol nowq for over a year but im not sure how the contract works, do i have to wait until this years up before i can switch?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:16 18 Feb 07

This is probably the last place on Earth that you thought of looking but incredibly the answer is at.....AOL click here

G

wolfie3000 11:29 18 Feb 07

Thanks G

But i went there, my main question is wether or not if i use a mac code to migrate will tiscali give me a new modem?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:38 18 Feb 07

Yes, you will receive a sagem or speedtouch.

G

ened 11:39 18 Feb 07

The answer is yes Tiscali will send you everything you need (Modem, filters etc)

But:

If I were you I would do some research into Tiscali before switching.

Chris the Ancient 12:11 18 Feb 07

If they send you a speedtouch modem (frog), they're not that brilliant!

Stuartli 12:14 18 Feb 07

Ironically I switched from Tiscali after many years to TalkTalk (who now own AOL)...:-)

I'll leave it to your imagination to wonder why.

alB 12:33 18 Feb 07

Before you decide to migrate to Tiscali,please have a look at the Broadband support forum, there are a lot of people very hacked of over speed and connection issues (myself included) and the use of FUP (I think you play a lot of online gaming so this might affect you), and also the very poor customer support, but if you do decide to go with them, the best of luck ...alB

click here

ened 12:48 18 Feb 07

I could be wrong but I don't think you can access their Forums unless you are with them.

Stuartli 13:03 18 Feb 07

You can access their forums but you can't post.

Go via the Services tab>Forums tab from Tiscali's home page.

Stuartli 13:04 18 Feb 07

Direct link:

click here?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos