I want a new pc

Rhuddlan 13:18 21 Feb 05

Hi there, my packard bell of 3 years needs a new motherboard and power supply, so after I have got those installed I am going to sell it. I then am going to buy a new pc, I have heared Dell are good, I want quite a big hard disk for pics, music and various docs, 80Gb is ideal, as well as a lot of RAM, 512Mb is again ideal also I like speedy comp's, so a decent Athlon processor is wanted 3.0Ghz typically with a good graphics and sound card as games will played on. and a decent amount of ports, usb 2.0 especially.

wjrt 13:22 21 Feb 05

you will have to look elsewhere Dell don not do AMD athlon only intel

Rhuddlan 13:33 21 Feb 05

Well OK it doesn't have to be Athlon, I'm happy with intel, do u have any suggestions on any pc's? or even dell?

Diodorus Siculus 13:52 21 Feb 05

click here

This site's reviews.

Also, buy a few mags that do round ups of different mahcines and see what you like within your budget.

Rhuddlan 13:56 21 Feb 05

Well I have just been looking on the currys website and seen a nice e machines for £699.99 and the option of paying monthly and the specs seem good, so I'm going to pop down to my local currys store. Thanks for the link, will take a look.

stylehurst 14:21 21 Feb 05

Have a look at Novatech site, they do a good range & you can pick & mix components.
Reliablity & service is good as well

wee eddie 17:32 21 Feb 05

It is very likely that the cost of a new MOBO and PSU will exceed the 2nd hand value of the whole PC.

If I were you, I'd have a serious think before I went down that route.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…