I want a Graphics Card for under £40 Can you help?

mobsby 21:38 10 Dec 05

I want a Graphics Card for under £40 Can you help.
i have been working with my mate who knows alot of good makes and nice prices to.
could anyone find me some descent prices as well i will be very greatful to you all thanks.

Starfox 22:55 10 Dec 05

You don't say what you are needing the card for,games,video editing or whatever.Assuming you need an AGP card as against the more modern PCI-Express then have a look at these for some idea's.

click here

click here

click here

click here

mobsby 09:16 11 Dec 05

Yes im after a graphics card for gaming.
Thanks for those websites anyway Starfox,

if you could find me anymore for gaming and that i would realy appretiate it.
Thanks

hzhzhz 10:12 11 Dec 05

Try this, if its agp your after.
click here

Forum Editor 10:20 11 Dec 05

moving it there now.

wee eddie 13:30 11 Dec 05

£40 is unlikely to buy you a Graphics card that will perform with any modern game!

Totally-braindead 14:23 11 Dec 05

Have to agree with wee eddie here, you'll really be struggling at this price. Look here click here= its not a bad graphics card especially for the price.

hzhzhz 15:01 11 Dec 05

Depends what games you have in mind. I was using a radeon 9600se 128mb card, and could play Far Cry with no problems at low settings.I think sometimes that too much emphasis is put on playing games at very high settings. Play them at lower settings, its cheaper. Enjoy the content of the game instead. Play at higher difficulty then youll forget about how pretty everything looks.

mobsby 20:12 11 Dec 05

Thanks for all of your help i have been looking at the links you have sent and i will more than likely be getting one from one of the links you have provided me.

Thanks much appretiated

Cybermaxx 18:51 13 Dec 05

£40-ish? New? AGP?

nVidia 6200 128MB isn't bad. better than any 5200, 5500, or vanilla 5600, anyway.....

click here

Cybermaxx 18:52 13 Dec 05

Not the first one on that page, though! Scroll down a bit to the XFX one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…