I think this practise should stop...

Baledor 15:51 30 Jul 04

I ordered an Olympus Camedia 5060WZ from Pixmania.com, it was in stock according to the website. When I went to check the status of the order, the status was listed as 'Out of stock, we will advise when this item is in stock and an expected delivery date'

I phoned customer service to confirm that the camera was out of stock, which they said it was, I then told them to cancel the order as I need the camera as soon as possible, however, Pixmania had already deducted the £370.00 from my account!

I think this is outrageous, companies should not be allowed to deduct money from your account until they are shipping the goods. This practise prevented me from going out and sourcing the camera elsewhere (I could'nt afford another £370) as it took them 3 days to put the money back in my account.

I am sure there are other on-line retailers doing this and I would advise people to check when they take the money, if at ordering stage or dispatch stage.

byfordr 16:08 30 Jul 04

A lucky escape...possibly! Mixed reviews from this companies (a quick forum trawl will reveal all)

click here

Same price digital first, cameras2u or internet cameras direct. Used all of them, also Park Cameras are very good.

Personally would always stick with UK companies less hassle imho in the long run.

R

Magik ®© 16:36 30 Jul 04

I also used cameras2u very good service..

Dorsai 17:35 30 Jul 04

The fact it took three days for the money to go back into you account is not down to Pixmania.com.

If any shop uses credit/debit card transactions, a sale goes out of your account almost immediately, but a refund takes 3 days to clear. Pixmania.com refunded you immediately, but the banking system hung onto your cash for 3 days. I also bet that it takes shops three days to get our cash, even though it comes out of our account straight away.

Stuartli 17:55 30 Jul 04

Pixmania is a French company; so is Nomatica.

In most cases UK companies can match or beat either of them and if anything needs to be returned it's far easier.

I'll add click here to those provided above - excellent service.

Baledor 19:05 30 Jul 04

That they should'nt have taken the money with the product not being in stock...

slimbo51 19:39 30 Jul 04

Not very suprising they take the money strait out of your account though, as they get 3 days interest, free of charge.

Multiply this a few thousand times and its a nice little earner thank you very much.

oresome 19:43 30 Jul 04

I agree with Baledor that this is bad practise. But is there any legislation or code of practise that retailers abide by that prevents it?

The same thing happened to me recently and I finished up with a credit card bill for twice the value of the camera, with a credit the following month. Expensive if you don't have the means to clear the debt at the time.

ayrmail 20:05 30 Jul 04

click here
Agree if they want to take your money the should be up front and say out of stock will order for you if not free to go else where.

ayrmail 20:12 30 Jul 04

If it was a debit card this is done at end of banking day. if its after that days end then monies should be back in your account by end of next day

shifty 20:46 30 Jul 04

Have a look here click here money only deducted before dispatch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…