I Stand In Admiration

anniel 17:25 26 Jun 04

Yesterday I followed with great interest the problems that Livewire had with his PC. The thread was about Evesham commputers, although the company was not at fault.

I could hear the desperation creeping into this member's posts as he tried to save his school coursework.

I was totally impressed with the patience and persistence of members in trying to help him solve his problem.

I returned just now to see that his problem was solved.

It gave me a real glow of satisfaction and I just want to say thanks to all those peole on these boards who give their help unstintingly.

Well done everyone!

Forum Editor 19:15 26 Jun 04

crop up from time to time, and like you I'm always impressed by the way other forum members persevere until a solution's found. Almost always a solution is found, and sometimes it's a long haul, but I agree with you - there's a sense of satisfaction when you see the relief of the person at the other end.

When I was learning how to use computers there was almost nowhere to turn for help, and I can vividly recall the intense frustration I experienced when I tried to get something to work for the tenth time. When the Internet was in its infancy it used to take quite a while to configure the primitive software to connect - the memories of long evenings listening to the moden trying vainly to establish a connection come flooding back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…