I Really need help with Laptop purchase!

Fenghuang 20:55 23 Jun 08

I am looking to buy a laptop and feel like i'm drowning in the amount of infomation i am having to take in just to make basic decisions about what i want.
I have finally got a basic idea of what i will need but could do with help from knowledgeable people on the best model for me.

Size - I am going to be travelling with it for at least a year so i need it to be small or light weight.
Gaming - I really enjoy computer games and would like a machine that will be capable of running games at a good quality.
Hard Drive - I will need lots of Memory as i will be storing lots of image and video content on it (also modern games take killer memory).
Battery life - as I will be travelling i will need a reliable battery life 2hrs+ if i can.
Screen - I would want a good quality Display for enhanced gameplay enjoyment.
Cost - Not a massive problem but I would like it to be good value for what i'm getting.

I have had a bad experience purchasing my last desktop, so i am being extra careful to get exactly what i want this time. Any help, advice or experience would be most welcome :D

day2strike 08:20 24 Jun 08

How much do you want to spend?

Diodorus Siculus 08:51 24 Jun 08

I'm not into gaming but I have spent the last few months looking for a new laptop, finally settling for the Rasor Pro from Novatech. click here which gives a good balance between power and portability.

You need to be clear that memory and hard disk space are two different things - games need both hard disk space and memory (RAM).

Get about 250gb hard disk space and 3gb ram.

If you are willing to go for a 17inch machine, take a look at click here It doesn't come cheap though.

Alienware also have good gaming machine but they are very expensive. click here

Fenghuang 09:54 24 Jun 08

I was wondering wether this click here will run directX.10 games as I am looking for something that will keep me playing new games for some time.

Diodorus Siculus 11:22 24 Jun 08

From a google of the graphics component of the machine, it seems to me that it will run run DX10 games but it will be worth double checking with Novatech.

Call them on 02392322522 if you wish to avoid 0870 numbers. I find their staff helpful and knowledgeable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…