I need a laser envelope printer

kellys 18:46 PM 18 Dec 12

I'm looking for a laser printer that is compatible with Stamps.com. I want a laser so the toner will be cheaper than inkjet. I need to print large quantities of envelopes so I'm looking for something that has an envelope hopper with a straight path that won't curl the envelope but still applies enough pressure to have the toner adhere. Our current HP8150 has only 2 pressure settings, one smears the toner (not enough pressure) the other curls and creases the envelope (too much pressure). Any suggestions?

wee eddie 09:27 AM 19 Dec 12

Another Possibility, lateral thinking, is to use sheets of Labels. Avery is the best known brand but Viking, have their own variety, as I suppose, do most other large Stationers.

Woolwell 18:51 PM 19 Dec 12

I don't know of one with an envelope hopper with straight path. The heat generated printing a large number of envelopes could cause problem with self-seal. When I do a print run of 400 or so I use labels.

HondaMan 11:50 AM 21 Dec 12

Why? Labels would be much faster. Most printers with envelope support only have a hopper capacity of about 100 and the feed rate is low. I know of no specific printer for envelopes this side of a fully commercial set-up.

As an alternative, you could always look at a Dymo Label Printer, say the LabelWriter 450

Woolwell 12:03 PM 21 Dec 12

Revisiting this I note the reference to stamps.com (US postage) for UK I use a very similar service SmartStamp and although I can print on envelopes (which I do for one or two) I use labels for postage and address for large runs. Typically I do a mail merge run of address labels and then print off a number of "stamps" on another set of labels. This works very well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…