i need to buy a laptop with the following requirements, can you suggest anything

davefriskey 16:32 PM 26 Jan 12

davefriskey 16:32 PM 26 Jan 12

Processor greater than or equal to 1GHz 32 or 64-bit. L2 cache 256 KB. Hard disk 40 GB with at least 15 GB available space. At least 1 GB RAM. CD-ROM 32X. Network interface card (NIC) 10BaseT or 100BaseTX (10 or 100 Mbps). Video adapter Support for DirectX9 graphics with: WDDM Driver, At least 128 MB graphics memory, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, 32 bits per pixel. Monitor Super VGA (1024 x 768) resolution. To complete the Design Labs it is recommended that students have Installed Microsoft Expression Web 3 and Adobe Web Standard CS4.

chub_tor 19:14 PM 26 Jan 12

That is a pretty basic specification and just about every laptop with a 15 inch screen or above will meet it. You will not get Microsoft Expression Web 3 or Adobe Web Standard CS4 installed as standard, so Google for best prices or try Software for students

hastelloy 08:50 AM 27 Jan 12

The spec given is the minimum required for the software. I suggest you look at Novatech and get the best you can afford - their cheapest machine is way above your minimum spec.

The Kestrel 17:16 PM 27 Jan 12

In addition to the cost of your laptop, you will have to factor in the cost of the two software programs. Microsoft Expression Web 3 has now been superseded by the Web 4 version http://www.software4students.co.uk/MicrosoftExpressionWeb4-details.aspx?gclid=CKjlt7bY8K0CFe4htAodTHPatg. Adobe Web Standard CS4 seems to have been superseded by this http://www.adobe.software4students.co.uk/AdobeWebPremiumCS55StudentandTeacherEdition_PC-details.aspx

The Kestrel 17:18 PM 27 Jan 12

Sorry about the links not working. Just go to the software4students web site to find the programs.

chub_tor 17:24 PM 27 Jan 12

The Kestrel If you had checked my response you would see that I had already provided the link to Software4Students.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…