I love my epson printer

karmgord 18:59 26 Jan 07

I love my epson c40sx it prints at a quality i need (if it is a little slow)but here's the thing I bought a Ink tec multipak containing 2X black & 1X colour cartridges (new, not refills) for £6.I was given a brand new HP printer and the cartriges prices are silly!

wjrt 19:25 26 Jan 07

original here
click here
do a search here , this forum , for inkjet cartridges and should find plenty of options

SB23 19:53 26 Jan 07

With regards to what you say about HP, I don't think the cart prices are all that bad, especially after you've owned a Lexmark. My new HP all in one is fantastic, and the cart prices for a colour and black are more than half that of a Lexmark ink replacement.

Epson are good, and I nearly bought one, but I love my HP, lol.

Europa 20:26 26 Jan 07

Choice stationery click here excellent service.

Strawballs 23:17 26 Jan 07

I have always had epson but a couple of times had a problem with blocked print heads but with my latest one HP the heads are in the cart so if I have have problems with blocked heads I just change the cart problem solved.

That is why they cost a bit more.

Stuartli 00:52 27 Jan 07

I buy the six compatible inkjet cartridges for my Epson R300 for approximately £4 a set plus delivery from click here.

I buy at least theee sets to make the delivery charge worthwhile - they are rebadged products under the Sumvision name (you may know them for MP3 players and similar products).

Stuartli 00:53 27 Jan 07

...at least three sets...

Quiet Life 18:48 28 Jan 07

I hate all my Epson printers 480,580 and 750 photo. OK the newest is five years old but the time I waste in keeping the heads clean has finally decided me to ditch the lot.
Work fine for a few years but then the problem of having fixed heads comes in. My ten year old HP 610C just works and as I refil cartridges I have only had to get new ones about three times when the heads finally block up.
When I first got the Epson message unknown fault take to your Epson service centre when in fact the only problem is the counter which is easily reset by the SSC service utility I vowed never to buy any Epson product again. Epson of course know exactly what the problem is.
Car boot sales are full of Epson printers all no doubt with blocked heads.
The three Epson printers move back and forwards for about half a minute or more when being switched on or off which is real pain if you are in a hurry to print. The HP just prints immediately.
I have never had any HP product fail since I started some ten years ago whereas Epson has been constant irritation. Yes I will definitely replace the Epson printers with an HP.

karmgord 21:58 28 Jan 07

yes blocked print heads do irritate me too

lester1 00:06 29 Jan 07

yes blocked print heads do irritate me too

My R200 has blocked print heads! how do you clean them?

Input Overload 00:40 29 Jan 07

I got fed up with blocked print heads on Epson’s, so I changed over to a Canon IP4200 a year ago & have had no problems whatsoever with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac