I just want a cheap, basic broadband deal

Armchair 16:23 03 Jan 09

'Up to 2MB' will do. Nothing else required. No phone line rental or anything.

I was with Tiscali, at £14.99 a month, but I jacked it in in August because I didn't consider it to be good value for the amount of time I was using it. Been using library Pcs every now and then since August. Wouldn't mind getting online again, but the prices I've seen put me off. Is there any 'budget deal' available?

tullie 16:32 03 Jan 09

If youve got sky,get their basic package.

Armchair 16:33 03 Jan 09

Nope, don't have Sky............ Got two spare Speedtouch 330 modems lying around, though, lol.

RobCharles1981 16:37 03 Jan 09

Hi Armchair :-)

How do you connect via a router or modem if so what is the make of it your full line stats are the important ones!

click here

Fill in the blanks and copy and past the full results of what is currently available to you.

jellyhead 17:21 03 Jan 09

I can recommend O2 click here

GaT7 19:25 03 Jan 09

If you can, get O2 broadband click here - highly recommended here too.

To make the deal even better, go through Quidco & get £70 cashback click here (need to be registered, logged-in, etc). I took up this offer last year when it was £25 cashback only - received it ~3 months later.

Here are previous PCA forum O2 posts click here you can look through (saves others & me repeating ourselves!). G

Simsy 08:10 04 Jan 09

Plusnet takes some beating, especially their cheapest deal, "option 1" at £9.75 per month, and it's only a monthly contract;

click here

I've been with them for over 3 years now, and have been very happy. My dad's been with them for a couple of years.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

jack 10:36 04 Jan 09

A much unberated ISP
The retail arm of Easynet[theBusiness/government provider and also Sky ]

click here

rdave13 13:17 04 Jan 09

Bookmarked.

Audio~~Chip 13:49 04 Jan 09

even cheaper with a Pay as you go Mobile. FREE Connection and 30 day money back.

GaT7 20:04 04 Jan 09

"O2 even cheaper with a Pay as you go Mobile" - However, it must be noted that a minimum £10 topup is required every 3 months to keep getting the discounted rate (they text+email a few days before the deadline to remimd one to topup, which is a good thing).

The £70 Quidco cashback (effectively another £5-6 off a month) makes it a no-contest - though other ISPs offer it too, e.g. click here.

I've used Plusnet & UKOnline too (suggested above) in the days of dialup, & they provided a very good service. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017