I Imported A Sony PSP From Hong Kong

powerless 22:02 13 May 05

In case you wanted to get one before September 1, 2005.

Ordered from click here on the Saturday and it came on the Thursday* via UPS.

It's the Japanese version and it will play US games [I ordered one at the same time as well as a USB cable].

Total cost was 200GBP.

However! I was smacked with Import VAT of 45 quid of which I was told I was unlucky to get hit with. *Didn't have the money on me at the time so UPS came back on the Friday.

...and the PSP is great by the way!!

Kate B 23:02 13 May 05

ooh, I'm jealous - I had a review model to play with recently. I'm going to buy one when we stop in Singapore on the way to Australia next weekend.

And the good news, Powerless, is that games are region-free for the PSP - the only regional encoding will be applied to movies on UMD, and who's going to use the PSP as a second-rate movie viewer on a one-machine format anyway??

Forum Editor 08:32 14 May 05

but I have to confess to being totally underwhelmed by these devices.

anchor 09:48 14 May 05

I`m with the FE on this, but "chacun a son gout".

Bleep 10:18 14 May 05

Got a US one from an ebay power seller, £175 Brand new sealed, sent 24 hour Royal Mail Special Delivery from London! click here

Kate B 11:11 14 May 05

My view of them is that they have yet to realise their full potential ... I suspect when the homebrew software geeks really get going on it it will be a stellar device. At present it's a lovely portable gaming device - the graphics are just to die for, and quite astonishing in such a small machine. But as I said in my review, the lack of a web browser is puzzling, and once you've got a browser and perhaps a contacts database on it, it will be - I think - a very useful "dumb terminal" to be able to whip out of a handbag or briefcase and check something fast. I'm interested to see how it evolves, and meantime I'm really looking forward to the launch of GTA for the PSP,

Bleep 11:16 14 May 05

Browsers have been availble for it for months click here I happily read my emails in starbucks...

powerless 18:38 21 Jul 05

Should be fun!

click here

Kate B 23:35 21 Jul 05

Oooh, brilliant, thanks for the link, Powerless! Still loving your PSP? I am loving mine.

GibsonSt19 14:25 22 Jul 05

I cant understang why you didn't purchase a JAP unit PSP from a UK seller. You can get them for about £175 delivered with no other charges.

That's how I got mine.

Lovin it, especially 'Mercury' and 'Lumines'! :)

pj123 17:40 22 Jul 05

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a Sony PSP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…