I have made a jump and....

ajm 19:05 30 May 04

bought a Apple Powerbook G4. It is a fantastic machine and so far I had no trouble getting the AirportExtreme card to surf the web wirelessly at home through my Netgear DG834G router.

Before buying, I was told (wrongly) that there would be incompatibility issues with buying a Mac. I have done testing and sent files from/to my PC/Mac and it has opened without any problems.

Infact, I am using the PowerBook a lot more than my Toshiba Centrino Laptop and have found out it is a joy to use. The screen is only 12" but it is very sharp and the keyboard is very responsive.

I hope my experience reflects that of those who are/have been using a Mac.

Totally-braindead 23:58 30 May 04

I have only ever used a Mac once and was pleasantly surprised I must admit. However there are incompatibilitys with some things you just haven't come across them yet. I'll stick to my PC though as Mac bits are extortionate, I was looking for a mouse for a Mac and the cheapest I could find was £50.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…