I had no idea that Tiscali had changed any prices

Cybermaxx 18:27 17 Jun 06

until I read about it on another thread on here! I've just "upgraded" my 2MB service from £17.99 to £14.99. Good, you may say, less to pay now, but why on earth don't Tiscali do that themselves? Or would they have eventually? I could have sailed along for months blissfully unaware that they had reduced their prices.

spuds 18:44 17 Jun 06

This may change again shortly, when the 'upto' 8MB service starts.

Cybermaxx 18:53 17 Jun 06

Hmmm, the 8MB service costs £17.99. I would rather stick with the 2MB service I already have if it means a smaller bill. Maybe they could lose the 1MB one, and make the 2MB £4.50, eh? :-)

Jackcoms 19:55 17 Jun 06

"could have sailed along for months blissfully unaware that they had reduced their prices."

Or you could have done what a lot of other people do:

Regularly sign into 'My Account' at Tiscali's website and then have a look at the 'Change your access package' to see what alternatives are available to you.

Totally-braindead 20:17 17 Jun 06

I'm afraid Cybermaxx that Tiscali are not the only one that does this. I found out a few months ago, through this Forum, that Tiscali had dropped their prices and did the same as you.

Cybermaxx 10:02 18 Jun 06

A few months ago?! So I've been paying £3 a month extra for all that time?

"Tiscali - the DIY broadband provider!"

Jackcoms. They could have emailed me about these changes, couldn't they? Too much trouble for them, eh? Rollocks to them!

spuds 10:15 18 Jun 06

Like a number of big business's, they do not inform their customer of changes, its like the television and media adverts "For new customers only"'

Just fancy, if they were to inform all those possible hundreds if not thousands of customers of these changes, how big the hole would be in their financial returns!.

Having stated that, I to have not changed my account from £17.99 to the reduced rate. Possibly just laziness on my part or being a shareholder of Tiscali :o)

Cybermaxx 10:20 18 Jun 06

I'll send them a disgruntled email now, anyway. That'll tech 'em to be greedy, eh?! No, it won't make any difference whatsoever, so I might as well not bother. Anyhow, topic "resolved".

Stuartli 11:13 18 Jun 06

You've now found out the reason for regularly checking Tiscali's Upgrade/Downgrade service...:-)

Sometimes an "upgrade" brings a superior speed and a lower price - sometimes you find you would pay more for exactly the same service if you chose the "upgrade" route.....

spuds

The changes take place very quickly. What's more Tiscali, when I switched to the £12.99 1MB unlimited from the same service at £14.99, charged slightly less as the following "month" was a couple of days short.

If I wish I could now "upgrade" to the £14.99 version....:-)

Cybermaxx 11:26 18 Jun 06

Yeah, well never mind this topic now! It's finished! Head over to the Helproom and help me to sort out my new hard drive instead.

spuds 13:47 18 Jun 06

Yes Sir/Madam, going there straight away!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…